Lajoskomárom
 

  magyar deutsch
Közadat Localinfo

Akadálymentes verzió
2018. november
H
K
SZ
CS
P
SZ
V
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30


2018. november 18. vasárnap,
Jenõ napja van

Lajoskomárom hivatalos honlapja

Polgármesteri Hivatal: 8136 Lajoskomárom, Komáromi u. 4.
Tel: (30)400 34 54
E-mail: lajoskom@lkomnet.hu



Lajoskomarom Guide


Lajoskomárom is a municipality with the population of 2400 souls that is proud of its good small-holder traditions and its fame, and is situated in the South-Western part of Fejér-county. Középbogárd and Külsõsáripuszta also constitute parts of the extensive sized large village. The municipality makes a extremely pleasant impression with its broad streets and well-groomed parks. The income production of the municipality is determined by agriculture even today. On the good quality 7567 hectare sized territory 11 agricultural facilities, approximately 52 family estates and 186 primary producers are involved in land cultivation and livestock farming. The letter H refers to the founder of the village, Prince Lajos Batthyány, and to the fact, that the village’s development started based on an engineered design in the shape of the letter H. On its coat of arms three stylistic church towers are displayed, as the symbols of the founding and today still determining Evangelical, Catholic and Reformed Christian churches. We can also see an ear of wheat on it, which expresses the agricultural characteristics of the municipality. The lower portion of the shield includes the colors of the Hungarian Nation. The blue and yellow colors are the colors of the local football team. The shield is embraced by the adornment and the crown inherited from the coat of arms of the Batthyány family. The large village of Lajoskomárom is one of the youngest municipalities in Hungary. At the end of the 18th century still a gigantic, densely overgrown forest area was located where Lajoskomárom is situated today. The Batthyány family of Enying founded it in 1802, with the intention of being able to have their serfs manage their relatively gigantic estates more economically in this way. Settlers began to inhabit the designated areas in 1802-ben. The settled municipality was named Lajoskomárom, which was formed by the combination of the first name of Prince Lajos Batthyány and the word „komárom” of Slavic origin that means „mosquito ridden”. The land area situated West from the road to Ozora was not the property of lord Lajos, rather his younger brother, Fülöp’s. Therefore the area was named Fülöp-hill. A vineyard was planted here which is still cultivated to this day. In 1891, for the promotion of silk production, the path along the West side of the Fülöp-hill vineyards was planted in with mulberry trees. The house plots of Lajoskomárom were designated by the Batthyány family in the shape of the letter „H” which stands for Prince (herceg). Ethic Germans, Slovakians and Hungarians arriving from every region of the country were granted lands here. The inhabitants of the municipality founded their professional fame in the beginning of the 19th century in the fields of livestock farming and plant cultivation. After World War I, the inhabitants planted chestnut trees along the road leading to the cemetery to commemorate the soldiers from Lajoskomárom who had fallen during the war. They planted a tree for each fallen soldier. This became the Chestnut Tree Row, which is a preserved monument today.

 




Copyright © Lajoskomárom.hu 2018 | web: KataPorta.net | KataPorta | KataPorta Linktár